Live racing May 22 - September 19, 2023
Admission and parking are free. Click here for our 2023 live race schedule.
WHERE TO WATCH LIVE RACING
Trackside: You'll hear the thundering hooves and the jockeys urging their horses down the stretch.
In the grandstand: Watch from seats in the second-floor Clubhouse and third-floor open grandstand
ASD YouTube Channel: Can't make it to the track? Watch ASD racing in high definition on our YouTube channel here.
On HPIbet.com: Wagering on top tracks across the world (including Assiniboia Downs) is available seven days a week at HPIbet.com. With an HPIbet account you can play the races from top tracks across North America at HPIbet.com from your phone, tablet or computer or by calling one of our TAB operators at 204-885-9800. Opening an account is easy and if it's your first time opening an account you will get $100 when you bet $100. The $100 bonus will be deposited into your account by HPI.
At an off-track wagering location:
- Canad Inns Windsor Park - 1034 Elizabeth Road
- Sundays through Thursdays - 9 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Friday and Saturdays - 9 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Green Brier Inn - 1611 Main Street
- Sundays - 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Mondays - 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Tuesdays through Saturdays - 9 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Rookies at Central Hotel - 201 Melrose Avenue East
- Mondays through Saturdays - 9 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Sundays - 12 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- McPhillips Station Casino - 484 McPhillips Street
- Open daily at 10 a.m.
- Club Regent Casino - 1425 Regent Ave W
- Open daily at 10 a.m.
- Quest Inn - 367 Ellice Avenue
- Mondays & Tuesdays - 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Wednesdays through Saturday - 10:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Sundays - closed
- Nor-Villa Motor Hotel - 1763 Henderson Hwy
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - 9 a.m. - 12 a.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 9 a.m. - 2 a.m.
- Club 3D - 3317 Portage Avenue
- Sunday - 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday & Tuesday - 9 a.m. - 12 a.m.
- Wednesday through Saturday - 9 a.m. - 2 a.m.
- MTS channels 179 & 180
REWARDS FOR ALL WAGERING - ONE CARD DOES IT ALL!
- Earn points for all your wagering when you swipe your card or wager on HPIbet.com
- Earn points for every $1 wagered
- Convert your points to CASH
- Buy programs & DRF with points at HPIbet.com
EARN BONUSES FOR WAGERING
- Wagers must be placed using your HPIbet Rewards card.
- The week (*) is designated as Monday through Sunday. Any bonus money earned during this period will be deposited to your HPIbet account on Wednesday by 5 p.m.
- Assiniboia Downs reserves the right to alter or amend this promotion at any time.
- Bonus calculations are available on payouts of $2.20 and above.
- Maximum weekly bonus deposit $1,000.
NEW TO THE RACES:
What are the most frequently-asked questions at the race track?
Q: I’m new to the races. What do I do?
A: Head to the Fan Education Kiosk. It’s located on the main floor on the left side just beyond Assiniboia Downs’ main entrance. By the way, admission and parking are free.
Q: What’s the quickest way to pick winners?
A: Buy a race program at the Guest Services counter just inside the main entrance and look for horses with jockeys and trainers with the best win records. Also look for horses with the highest “pace” and “speed” numbers which are written next to each horse.
Q: How do I keep up with news and contest winners at the track?
A: Sign up for the weekly e-newsletter called The Inside Track. There’s no charge.
Q: What’s the minimum wager?
A: Most wagers are at least $1 but there are 20-cent bets on certain “exotic” wagers such as the triactor (picking top three finishers in the right order), superfecta (top four horses), pick-3s (picking the winners of three races in a row) and Jackpot Hi 5 (top five). The trickier the wager, the more money you can expect to win.
Q: Can you really make money playing the races and what’s the most important characteristic of winners?
A: Yes, you can make money because you’re not playing against the “house,” you’re playing against other players. If you play better that they do, you win their money. A prime factor in winning is “patience”—waiting for races where you feel the most confidence in your plays.
Q: When are races held?
A: You can play races from about 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. every day from dozens of tracks in Canada, the U.S. and Australia. Live racing is held Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
Q: Can I play the races on my computer or on my mobile device?
A: Yes, go the Fan Education Kiosk and open an HPI (Horseplayer Interactive) account. You can bet on races and watch them, too. You can also watch replays to assist in your betting.
Take other questions to the Fan Education Kiosk and good luck!